YP Spotlight: Leah Hunsucker
1. How did you get to Greenville?
– My sophomore year in college I transferred to East Carolina University because of the welcoming environment that surrounds the University. I am originally from Morehead City, North Carolina, so I knew I would feel right at home here in Pitt County.
2. Where is your favorite breakfast/coffee spot in Greenville?
– My favorite breakfast spot in Greenville has to be Coastal Fog, I love the atmosphere that they have cultivated there.
3. Where is your favorite lunch spot in Greenville?
-Recently, my go to for a healthy lunch is Great Harvest Bread. They make an excellent Yardbird Salad!
4. Where is your favorite dinner spot in Greenville?
-Any time my family and I are looking for a cozy little place to grab a delicious dinner, we head over to Japan Inn.
5. What are your top three things to do in Greenville?
– I love taking my daughter for walks in the Greenway, going to our local breweries, and taking a stroll through Uptown Greenville and taking in the charm of our small businesses.
6. What is your favorite festival in Greenville?
-My favorite festival has to be the Pirate Fest! Especially now that I have a daughter, I really think she will get a kick out the pirate filled festivities and it’s a great way to celebrate spring.
7. What is your favorite park in Greenville and why?
-My family and I love spending time in Town Common’s. It gives us a great family friendly place to go and have fun! Family bonding is my favorite part of the week and this park is a major part of that.
8. How do you give back to Greenville?
– As I’ve gotten to know so many great local business owners and see their passion in action, the one thing I always try to do is shop local. I believe the best thing you can do for your community is support those around you. Alongside this, I am always brainstorming ways to support our local domestic violence shelter and see how we can give back to them.
9. What is one thing you would like to see come to Greenville?
– One thing I think that would really benefit Greenville would be having more tech start-up companies here. Tech start-ups are a great investment and can enhance our local economy by capitalizing on a growing trend right now. We also have great candidates and entrepreneurs graduating from East Carolina University that are searching for places to thrive. Let’s show them why they should make Pitt County their home.
10. How can Greenville be improved?
– I truly believe Greenville has such amazing opportunities for everyone here in Pitt County. The only problem I see is that there isn’t enough awareness of all of these organizations and possibilities. I don’t think the problem is what else can we add to Greenville, but how do we let others know about what we offer?
11. How did you hear about the Young Professionals of Pitt County
-I heard about the Young Professionals of Pitt County through the Greenville Chamber of Commerce. I dove deeper into their social media networks and realized I had to be a part of this community!
12. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Pitt County?
-I wanted to be a part of the Young Professionals of Pitt County because I really wanted to be surrounded by others who were striving for more in their life. I believe you should constantly be looking for ways to better yourself and better your community. This group is exactly that! I have never been more honored to be a part of something than I am to be a part of the YP family.
13. What is your favorite part of YP?
– My favorite part of YP is the ability to be heard. This isn’t a group where only the steering committee has a voice, they truly value each and every member. They genuinely want to know your ideas and love looking for new ways to enhance this community.
14. What is your favorite YP event and why?
-My favorite YP event is Wiggin’ Out for Charity. I think it’s amazing seeing a group of young dedicated professionals getting together to raise money and raise awareness for something that is way bigger than themselves. Wiggin’ Out for Charity is an event that touches countless lives and there is no better event than helping others.