YP Member Spotlight- Byron Aynes- from The Overton Group
1. How did you get to Greenville? Greenville is my hometown.
2. Where is your favorite breakfast/coffee spot in Greenville? Blackbeard
3. Where is your favorite lunch spot in Greenville? Christy’s Europub
4. Where is your favorite dinner spot in Greenville? Rickhouse
5. What are your top three things to do in Greenville? Enjoying our city Parks, trying new beers at MPourium, and supporting our Pirates at ECU athletic events
6. What is your favorite festival in Greenville? Umbrella Market
7. What is your favorite park in Greenville and why? Westhaven Park is our new favorite. It’s a neighborhood park located conveniently near our house. We love walking over on beautiful NC days to enjoy the park and hang out with our neighbors. We always enjoy a trip to Town Commons and the Greenway too. And I am a member of the GRPD’s Aquatic and Fitness Center. Greenville has such a great park system – it’s hard to choose just one!
8. How do you give back to Greenville? My wife and I are licensed foster parents and have fostered several children over the last few years. We are actively involved in our church, Christ Presbyterian Church, and have volunteered with Third Street Community Center. I have the pleasure of sitting on Greenville’s Recreation and Parks Department Commission and the Pitt County Civic Arts Committee.
9. What is one thing you would like to see come to Greenville? A second-run movie theatre house.
10. How can Greenville be improved? Greenville Pride. “Talking up” Greenville is one of the fastest ways to improve our city. Positive reinforcement that Greenville is an exciting place to live, work and play will go a long way in improving our city – and it won’t cost us a penny!
11. How did you hear about the Young Professionals of Pitt County. The Greenville- Pitt Chamber of Commerce
12. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Pitt County? Heath Bowman, a past YP chair, sold me on the organization’s goal of attracting and retaining quality young professionals in our community. I wanted to be a part of that movement.
13. What is your favorite part of YP? Every event I attend holds the possibility for me to make a valuable connection – both on a professional and personal level. That’s exciting!
14. What is your favorite YP event and why? 3rd Thursdays are easily accessible events that are a great way to make connections and a fun jumpstart on the weekend.