1) I was born and raised in Greenville. Lived in Durham for a few years while in law school, but returned right after to practice with my family.
2) Favorite breakfast/coffee spot is the Scullery. Staff is awesome and they have the best coffee in town.
3) Favorite lunch spot is Mike’s Deli. Right near the University and everything on their menu is tremendous. Go there so much they place bets on my order.
4) Favorite dinner spot has to be Starlight. Love everything about it. Atmosphere, drinks, food, all exemplary.
5) Top three things to do in Greenville, 1) Enjoy taking my dog on campus, 2) Attending ECU games, 3) Checking out local music/art shows. Pitt St. has probably become my favorite spot for music and drinks. Anxiously awaiting a return to normalcy after the craziness dies down.
6) Favorite festival has to be Pirate Fest, always a good time.
7) Probably the dog park right off the Greenway. Good spot to ride bikes, walk, let the dog off the leash.
8) I give back to Greenville by volunteering with the Teen Court Program, speaking with students at ECU, and through my work. I devote a good bit of my practice to indigent defense in an attempt to provide needed services to the most disenfranchised members of our community.
9) Would love to see a few more non-chain restaurants and music venues.
10) I really think Greenville just needs to continue on the path already established. The concerted effort to recruit new businesses and developments has clearly been paying dividends. Seeing our town grow over the years has been exciting, important thing now is to keep a foot on the gas.
11) I grew up in Greenville so I have been aware of Young Professionals for years. Kept running into members that praised what they were doing. Attended a few socials and learned firsthand how welcoming everyone was. Joined shortly after.
12) I joined YP to become connected with similarly situated people in the community. It’s easy to remain stagnant and stick with your core group of friends. Joining YP has allowed me to make connections with people in completely different fields.
13) Favorite part of Young Professionals is the people. Think we have a rare collection of members committed to improving our City and building longstanding relationships. From leadership, all the way down to new members, everyone I’ve come into contact with has been helpful and absurdly approachable.
14) My favorite YP events are the 3rd Thursday Networking events. All the locations do an excellent job of accommodating everyone and it’s nice to socialize with people after work.