1. How did you get to Greenville? My wife and I went to law school in Chapel Hill and wanted to live near the coast. We vacationed in eastern NC as we were growing up. Initially we ended up in New Bern and due to a job transfer were able to move to Greenville. Greenville fits us perfectly as we wanted a younger and slightly larger town.
2. Where is your favorite breakfast/coffee spot in Greenville? For breakfast, I enjoy The Scullery the most. For coffee, in no particular order, my top three are Blackbeards, Coastal Fog and Buzz.
3. Where is your favorite lunch spot in Greenville? Villa Verde.
4. Where is your favorite dinner spot in Greenville? Ninos.
5. What are your top three things to do in Greenville? Bike, obviously. Greenville is a more bike friendly town than people think. We also enjoy paddling on the Tar River and making trips to Yoders.
6. What is your favorite festival in Greenville? Pirate Fest. It’s just tons of fun.
7. What is your favorite park in Greenville and why? River Park North. I’m an outdoorsy guy. RPN is also where I run my non-profit class CucLAST, which is a Youth Leadership Development program that partners with the Love a Sea Turtle organization.
8. How do you give back to Greenville? Though my 501(c)3, CycLAST. I benefitted as a kid from being able to develop leadership skills, so I want to volunteer my time to grow the next generation of leaders. Also, through my work with Limebike, I am able to help make a healthier community.
9. What is one thing you would like to see come to Greenville? We have a great little league team that went to the Little League World Series last year as well as an excellent college baseball program at ECU. It would be great to have either a summer league or minor league baseball team.
10. How can Greenville be improved? Greenville is on a great trajectory, we just need to keep moving forward and not deviate from what we are doing. We need to keep growing the uptown area and make Greenville a great place to walk and bike.
11. How did you hear about the Young Professionals of Pitt County? With my wife and I both being young lawyers, we were searching for an organization of professionals in our age range. We researched and found Young Professionals of Pitt County. We started showing up to the 3rd Thursday events each month.
12. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Pitt County? We joined because it’s a dynamic group of young adults committed to giving back and growing our community. It’s a very active group.
13. What is your favorite part of YP? I enjoy the 3rd Thursday socials. It’s a great social event and a great way to meet other professionals.