1. How did you get to Greenville? I grew up just outside of Greenville, SC, and attended the College of Charleston where I met my fiancé, who is from Little Washington. When we graduated, he moved back home to get his masters and Ph.D at ECU. I stayed and worked in Charleston for a few more years, then made the decision to move to Greenville in August 2014.
2. Where is your favorite breakfast/coffee spot in Greenville? I love the coffee at Blackbeard
3. Where is your favorite lunch spot in Greenville? Coastal Fog
4. Where is your favorite dinner spot in Greenville? DAP House, Luna, Villa Verde & Wasabi 88 are my go-tos
5. What are your top three things to do in Greenville? Enjoying the restaurants, bars and activities on Dickinson Ave / Boating along the Tar River / Plan weddings & events
6. What is your favorite festival in Greenville? Pirate Fest
7. What is your favorite park in Greenville and why? Town Commons. It is a great centralized area that hosts a wide variety of public events on a regular basis, but also has so much to offer when there’s not an event taking place. I most enjoy the Concert on the Commons and Sunday in the Park concert series during the warmer months. Being walking distance from my house doesn’t hurt either.
8. How do you give back to Greenville? Volunteer opportunities that come up through Young Professionals & Greenville Noon Rotary, which I’m also a member of.
9. How can Greenville be improved? When I first moved here, I had a whole list of things I thought could be improved, but so much of that has been accomplished since then. We’re lucky to have leaders and members of our city who have such a vision for the future growth of Greenville without losing sight of our sense of community.
10. How did you hear about the Young Professionals of Pitt County? Pitt-Greenville Chamber of Commerce Facebook
11. Why did you join the Young Professionals of Pitt County? As someone who hesitated about moving to Greenville because I thought there weren’t enough opportunities or “fun things” to do, I’m now someone who loves Greenville for those same things. Greenville has grown so much in the five years that I’ve been here, and it’s important to me to share my experience and Greenville’s growth with other young professionals who either have hesitations about planting roots here or have moved here and are looking for ways to be involved and make this great city their home.
12. What is your favorite part of YP? I’ve met so many new people that I don’t think I would have crossed paths with had I not joined YP. It’s more difficult to meet people once you’ve graduated college and started a job, especially in a new place, and YP is able to connect you to people who are passionate about what they do and where they live.
13. What is your favorite YP event and why? Third Thursdays are our signature event, and are really just a great time to meet new people on a professional and personal level. Our Rise & Syp events have become a great addition to our YP events. They take place in the morning and include guest speakers that add a professional development aspect to the event.