The Young Professional of the Year Award honors one member per year who demonstrates a dedication to not only the Young Professionals organization but to Pitt County through strong leadership, teamwork, and integrity. We are proud to announce Kate Teel as the 2016 Award Recipient!
Learn a little more about your Young Professional of the Year for 2016:
- How did you get to Greenville?
East Carolina University brought me here and I never left
- What are your top three things to do in Greenville?
–Spend time at home (working in the yard, family activities with our kids),
–Various community events with my family/kids (Freeboot/Football games),
–And work. I know, I’m weird…it’s a great place to live, work AND play!
- What is your favorite festival in Greenville?
- What is your favorite park in Greenville and why?
Trillium Park at the Town Commons. Something for all ages, and inclusive for all. Everyone is friendly, kids have a great time and we can walk by the river while we’re there.
- How do you give back to Greenville?
Volunteering at various events, and through work, I’m honored with the opportunity to be a part of the Chamber of Commerce team, where we support Greenville/Pitt County businesses and individuals through events and opportunities throughout the year.
- What is one thing you would like to see come to Greenville?
A children’s museum of some kind
- How can Greenville be improved?
We’re on a great track. Seeing the growth right now is incredible…keep it going.
- Why did you join Young Professionals of Pitt County?
Professional Development, community service opportunities and a great network of like-minded individuals.
- What is your favorite part of Young Professionals?
The people in the organization and all the wonderful work they do for our community and businesses.
- What is your favoriteYoung Professionals event and why?
The Wiggin’ Out for Charity. The 2016 event was so much fun seeing people in a relaxed setting, truly “letting their hair down” all while raising money for a great cause. Seeing the event grow from its first year to what it has planned for this year is rewarding and exciting. Being able to bring people of all ages and backgrounds together for fun and fundraising is a wonderful opportunity for the Young Professionals and I’m happy to be a part of it!